It’s Summer, and very close to the 4th of July, which means that it’s time to break open a bag of marshmallows and make something yummy.
How about Skillet S’mores?
I created this recipe over a month ago but didn’t post it because it was being added to our Spoonful of Foodies 4th of July Cookbook! (It’s a free, downloadable pdf document that you can get right here on my website!)
But now that the cookbook has been live since the first part of June, I can finally bring the recipe here to you on my blog!
I love this Skillet S’mores recipe for one simple reason – it’s one stop shopping. No longer do you have to hold a spindly piece of metal over an open fire to produce one lousy s’more at a time. Now you can do it all at once and…and…AND!!! You can even make this on a grill at home!
I used an aluminum pan, but you can use a cast iron pan or even a metal pie tin. Just make sure whatever you use is safe for high temperatures.
This is just about the easiest dessert you’ll ever make this summer.
Do it for mankind.
Serving size: 4
- Large Marshmallows
- 1 Oversized Hershey's Chocolate Bar
- 4 Graham Cracker Squares
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- In a ziploc bag, place graham crackers inside and seal it shut. Use a rolling pin to smash the graham crackers into pebbles.
- Place smashed graham crackers into the bottom of your heat-safe dish. Drizzle melted butter over it.
- Break up the chocolate bar and distribute pieces evenly over the graham crackers. Cover the entire surface with marshmallows so that no chocolate is showing.
- Cook over an open campfire until marshmallows are toasted or place dish in a 500 F grill for 8-10 minutes with the cover down.
- Grab four forks and dive on in! (Or hoard it all for yourself!)