Holy freaking balls of fire.
When my food blogger friend Prudy over at Butter, Basil, and Breadcrumbs proposed that us bloggers from Spoonful of Foodies create a grilled cheese sandwich and blog about it, I had plenty of ideas come to mind.
The bossman asked if I was going to go California and use avocado and sprouts. While I think such a grilled cheese would be epic if it were done right, I went off the deep end and dove right into the naughty pool.
Instead I made a Banana, Nutella, and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I even used my latest creation – Cinnamon Swirl Bread – for the bread on the sandwich.
With an obscene amount of butter and ridiculous layers of all these flavors, this sandwich was a literal foodgasm in your mouth.
I needed a moment (and a nap) after taking a bite.
Go. Make. Eat.
- 2 slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread (link in profile)
- 2 tbsp. Nutella
- 2 tbsp. Philadelphia Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 1 Banana - Sliced
- Spread one slice of bread with the nutella. Spread the other slice of bread with the cream cheese. Pile bananas on one slice and sandwich the slices together.
- In a skillet, melt 2-3 tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Place sandwich into the skillet and fry each side until golden brown. Slice in half and eat immediately.