Growing up, my daughter was the pickiest of eaters. Just about the only way I could get nutrients into her system was through granola bars or fig newtons.
We all know how much sugar is in those monstrosities.
Enter my fabulous fellow foodie friend Megan and her super fantastic granola recipe that I’ve tweaked and tweaked according to my tastes and whims.
I’ve made this recipe with dried fruit and with honey and nuts. I’ve made fall versions and spring versions.
But this version? This Chocolate Chip Granola is my first real kid-friendly version and I’m immensely proud of it.
It’s so versatile.
Not only could you sprinkle this over some vanilla Greek yogurt, but it works well in cereal and rolled up as a coating over a ball of peanut butter.
All good options for super picky eaters because we’re tricking them into thinking this is a treat with the chocolate chips.
Sneaky little devils, we are!
- 2½ cups Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Whole Pecans (can use chopped if you want)
- ½ cup Flaxseed
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Salted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Honey
- ½ cup Karo Syrup
- ½ cup Room Temperature Butter
- Combine all items into a very large bowl.
- Press mixture into a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.